Friday, April 1, 2011

Welcome 'barefootclydesdale' to blogging...

Well...i did it!  I'm blogging about my experiences in hope that i might be able to reach out to someone and help them in their journey towards a healthier life style.

I am 200+ pounds and have been running long distances for the past year in vibram five fingers...i know, i know, "but your so heavy"  "can your feet handle the weight?"

The reason I am starting this blog is to bring some clarity to the running community and the ones who want to join and help them understand the benefits of barefoot running and how to do it properly.

I hope to gain some follwers!  See ya'll on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How it all began

I have been working in the outdoor industry for the past several years and have a closet...make that a garage full of high end gear. Lifes obligations have made it difficult to get outside like I used to and use all the gear mentioned above. I wasnt mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, ETC like i was in the past...All my gear was just sitting there collecting dust! When the highly acclaimed VFF's hit the market I got a pair to add to said collection of gear. It came to a point that I was almost self concious about having so much un-attended gear. I feared that a serious runner would come to the store and ask about the shoes and I would have zero feeback for their 'sole' purpose... I didnt want to be that 'd-bag' that had everything but didnt use it. After recently losing 30+ lbs I strapped them on and began going to the local high school track...one lap around the track lead to a full 26.2 miles (eventually) I am NOT that d-bag....now!